Galatians 2:20

Thursday, February 3, 2011

First OKC Blizzard of 2011!

Reporting live!!!...Snug as a bug as I sit all toasty in our leather recliner, I am happy to say that YES we have survived our first OK blizzard of 2011! But sad to say that I have gained a few cabin fever snow pounds as we've done a good job of keeping our bellies full!


Prior to all the whipping winds and snow setting in Monday evening, flashback with me to Sunday evening...yes Sunday evening of grocery store panic! After church I found myself joining in on all the madness at our local Crest Market...simply craziness!


My first stop I found myself congregating at the deli with a gazillion other people for the next 25-30 minutes as I waited on a pound of deli meat. I ended up getting into a conversation with an older gentleman who began to warn me of how harsh the weather was going to get and that he could guarantee that we were at least going to get 10-12 inches of snow and that it was going to be bad, reallly baaaddd!


Keep in mind that we just had our record high temps just days before ( upper 70's) & I'm learning just how unpredictable OK weather can be, so I came back with (with a big smile on my face) or we'll wake up to a sunny 50 degree day & we all will have gotten a head start on our grocery shopping for the month! :) Ha, Ha right...Oh no, Mr. older gentleman was not happy with my response. I didn't realize how serious he took his weather predicting! It was like you could see sheer panic written all over his face.

In that moment I found myself internally rejoicing & praising God for being Creator of ALL things and therefore Sovereign over ALL things! God has called us to prepare, but not to panic and I am sooo Thankful for His Grace poured out upon me daily (hourly, moment by moment) and that He has opened my eyes to see how paralyzing fear can be, but how mobilizing it is to walk by Faith!



Yes, I did prepare smartly and bought 2 of all the basic necessities and then we hunkered down! Tuesday morning we found ourselves waking up to now our record lows (-17 degrees & 3-4 ft. snow drifts) for the week! I have to be honest, when you get a taste of spring weather and then have to pull out the poundage of winter clothes only days later, a case of the "grouchy pants" can set in!


UNTIL...God stills your heart as your eyes get fixed on the individual snowflakes falling and your heart is reminded that His ways are perfect! He alone is the author of the weather! I am so thankful that He knows exactly what we need! He caused us to have to be Still so we could KNOW Him as GOD & also receive the blessing of catching up on some much needed rest!


My prayer is that I will stay constantly in awe of God as my eyes look upon Him through nature as He displays Himself so Mightly! The snow this week has been such a beautiful picture and reminder to me of His Might, sinless life, purity, provision & unity!


Pictures of our first peaks out the window on Tuesday morning!






Being snowed in meant that we must pull out all the "stops" and make it a fun and entertaining day! So how better to start the day than to beautify ourselves with a crazy hair do, which would eventually represent how we all felt by the end of the day! :)

One things for sure, I am crazy about this crazy hair girl...pure joy!!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: