Galatians 2:20

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sticky Fingers and Fellowship!

My sweet friend Deborah, who has twin boys (Alec & Ashton) that are in Lily's SS class at church invited us along with my dear friend Keo and her kiddos over for a fun Friday morning. She has a beautiful home out in the country. I do have to say that the "country bug" does make me itch sometimes! I love the peacefulness that comes with the quiet, and the feeling of not having the "reach out and touch your neighbor" feeling...are you feeling me!?:) Simply land and God's creation!
Okay, so Ms. Deborah doesn't lack in the crafty queen department! As soon as we got there she had such a fun food project ready for us to do with the kids...marshmallow popcorn balls! Easy cheesy lemon squeezy!
Recipe
1 bag of popped popcorn
half -to- whole bag of marshmallows melted
1/2 stick of butter melted
Mix it all together. Add some butter to your hands to prevent it from sticking, scoop out a handful of the marshmallow popcorn and roll it into a ball. Let it sit on wax paper to harden. Decorate it with candy toppings. Ex: m&m's for eyes, chocolate chips for a nose, liquorish for hair...Lastly, my favorite part...eat your creation!
Miss Lily for some reason wasn't keen on the marshmallow popcorn, so she figured out a way to bypass everyone and get down to what she thought really mattered and that was the candy! Oh how she gets it honest! :)
I wish I was able to take pictures of our finished products, but I was "butter fingers" from here on out...not a good camera combination!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: