Galatians 2:20

Monday, September 13, 2010


While I was documenting her crib, I thought this would be a good time for Bumper ( or affectionately refered to as bump bump by Lily) to get it's own little write up! You know how you wonder as a parent if your child will ever have a "special" blanket, stuffed animal, etc? Well, let me introduce you to the adopted member of our family...Bumper! Never in a million years would I have guessed that Lily would become attached to her crib bumper, but oh she has and those two don't part. You can't tell in this picture, but bumper has been through numerous "surgeries." My mom actually performed the last one when she was here last. She was a smart Nonni and bought the super heavy duty thread in hopes that it will hold. Also if you notice the satin ribbon on the left she has rubbed it until it has rolled. It is actually the only true survivor. The other 3 fell off. Nonni did sew on new right satin ribbon, but so far she hasn't shown interest in her new ribbon. I guess an oldie is a goodie huh!?



This is where the "firsts" come in! Just as much as Lily is attached to her bumper, she had the same affection for her paci. Our last attempt to try and break her away from paci was to slowly snip it away. I did it gradually, so it wasn't until this last snip that I think she finally started loosing interest. Well to be honest, I didn't leave much for here to actually be interested in anyway. But, I'll be honest I think she still would have hung onto it if we didn't loose it a few months ago. We definitely had a few hard nights of long cries when we announced that paci was lost, but I was determined not to give in and buy a new one. Finally we reached the point where it was out of sight out of mind (whoo hoo), until....Michael went to take her crib a part a week ago and discovered that it had gotten wrapped up in her crib skit. Lily was actually in the room and spotted it as soon as it fell from the skirt onto the floor. She practically dove for it and we both thought oh no! She examined it and then said two shocking words...Trash can!! Music to my ears, she was actually ready to throw it away all by herself! I actually snapped the next pic of her holding it on the way to the trash can...yeah Lily, you go girl!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: