Galatians 2:20

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A New DO!

Hands down Friday is my favorite day of the week! My hubby is off on Friday's, so we have declared this day as our family day! Most of these mornings homemade Belgian waffles are on the menu...yummalicious...that is, swimming in syrup in the Lewis household! Nothing like a sugar overload in the morning! We always try and venture off for the bulk of the morning and find something fun to do with Lilsters, do lunch at a kiddo friendly place, and then the nap calls! In the afternoon Michael has been so gracious to always give me a couple hours of mommy time just to get out without a 2 yr. old. My retreat has been at our pool these past few Friday's kicking back in the sun with the book Radical by: David Platt. If you haven't read this book, I encourage you to pick up a copy.
Oh, has the Lord met me there as I lay and read the Truth embedded in this book! My heart has been stirred, poked, and prodded with the Truth of His Word. The question is...Who are we really living for? The goal of the American dream is to make much of us while the goal of the Gospel is to make much of God! If our goal is to live in light of the Gospel, then are we being receivers or reproducers of God's Word!?
Oh, how the Lord has sparked a fire in my heart to be a disciple on a mission to make disciple makers! Did you know that there is a statistic that says, if all believers did their part in disciplining others that within 6 years the world would be reached for Christ! Never can I declare myself wise in and of myself, but simply look to the ONE who IS Wisdom and gives to all generously for those who ask of HIM!
____________________________________________________
As many of you know our little Lily was blessed with a head full of hair out of the womb and it never ceased to grow and grow and grow! Even though hair and bows go together so greatly (which we are all about our bows), there were times I would look at her and wish she was one of the "baldies" simply because tiny kiddos with hair make them look so much older to me. We never like to think of them getting older I guess! Don't get me wrong, I loved the little pig tails we were able to sprig on the sides of her head around the age one, she was just eatable! But now, her springs have turned into long food traps! It's rare that she ever has a tangle free hair do, so we decided to take another big girl step and take her to get her first haircut. Let me just tell you that she did Fabulous! Her little haircut lady pampered her with a dum dum sucker which lasted throughout the haircut so she was one happy camper!
Okay, so how many pictures do you think I took...you're right, only one for every move and snip she made! Oh yea, and daddy said that after this day his "pamper" bill will never be the same!
46
Posted by Picasa

No comments: